Morning Routines to Focus Your Students

Children need routine. I would like to share with you the best morning work routine I have ever used in my classroom. It's the 5-Minute Daily Language Review. When students enter your room, they know exactly what to do. It's a routine they love because they feel successful. After everyone has completed the day's review, the whole group discussion gets them focused, energized, and ready to learn more.

Equally important, by the end of each quarter, they will have covered every language objective prescribed by Common Core and the Texas TEKS. The rigor grows each quarter, and your instruction of language will be so much easier!

I personally have used the 5-Minute Daily Language Review in my classroom for many years. It's now available for Grades 2 - 5. (Yes, I have officially committed to the 6th grade version. It will be started very soon.)



Back to Top